We are gearing up for SAHAS 2019!
Urging all creative minds who wish to make a positive impact/create social awareness, to participate in our 2nd annual short film competition! Read carefully below for guidelines and details. Let us know if you have any questions.
Please share this with friends, colleges, and schools. We are happy to provide A3 hard copies on request.
The fake claim by the Hindu right that there is a “Love Jihad”organisation which is forcing Hindu women to convert to Islam through false expressions of love is similar to a campaign in the 1920s in north India against alleged “abductions”. Whether 1920 or 2009, Hindu patriarchal notions appear deeply entrenched in such campaigns: images of passive victimised Hindu women at the hands of inscrutable Muslims abound, and any possibility of women exercising their legitimate right to love and their right to choice is ignored.
Click on the link to read the history of #LoveJihad —
CHAYAN, a national consortium of social organizations working on the issues of Right to Choose in Marriage/Relationship, has organized a press conference on 13th Feb 2017, 3.30 PM, at Indian Women’s Press Corps, Ashoka Road, New Delhi.
Sh. Asif Iqbal, Sh. Avinash Patil, Smt. Nilam Katara and other members of CHAYAN will speak on:
1. The pressing need of law against honour crime and forced marriage, and
2. Seeking policy changes
The speakers will recommend essential systemic changes in prevalent rules and practices, related to marriage registration. The press conference is being organized with the consideration that implementation of proposed recommendations by the government will help various couples who wish to practice the right to choose in their marriage.
Member Organizations of CHAYAN:
1. DHANAK, a Delhi based organization of interfaith/caste couples
2. Maharashtra Andhshraddha Nirmulan Samiti working against superstitions and for promotion of scientific temperament in society
3. Association for Advocacy and Legal Initiatives, a Lucknow based organization working on advocacy and gender rights
4. Navodaya Lok Chetna Sangathan from Baghpat
5. MSS from Banaras
6. Parivartan Jan Andolan from Bihar
7. Awadh People’s Forum from Faizabad
8. Gharelu Kamgar Hitkari Sangathan
Co-founder of DHANAK (General Secretary)
Maharashtra Andhshraddha Nirmulan Samiti