CHAYAN, a national consortium of social organizations working on the issues of Right to Choose in Marriage/Relationship, has organized a press conference on 13th Feb 2017, 3.30 PM, at Indian Women’s Press Corps, Ashoka Road, New Delhi.
Sh. Asif Iqbal, Sh. Avinash Patil, Smt. Nilam Katara and other members of CHAYAN will speak on:
1. The pressing need of law against honour crime and forced marriage, and
2. Seeking policy changes
The speakers will recommend essential systemic changes in prevalent rules and practices, related to marriage registration. The press conference is being organized with the consideration that implementation of proposed recommendations by the government will help various couples who wish to practice the right to choose in their marriage.
Member Organizations of CHAYAN:
1. DHANAK, a Delhi based organization of interfaith/caste couples
2. Maharashtra Andhshraddha Nirmulan Samiti working against superstitions and for promotion of scientific temperament in society
3. Association for Advocacy and Legal Initiatives, a Lucknow based organization working on advocacy and gender rights
4. Navodaya Lok Chetna Sangathan from Baghpat
5. MSS from Banaras
6. Parivartan Jan Andolan from Bihar
7. Awadh People’s Forum from Faizabad
8. Gharelu Kamgar Hitkari Sangathan
Co-founder of DHANAK (General Secretary)
Maharashtra Andhshraddha Nirmulan Samiti